Thursday, November 3, 2011

November goals, some more about me

I have a love/hate relationship with Weight Watchers. I know it works, but all of the tracking can get to me sometimes. Also, why does wine have to be so many points? I will admit to not counting a glass or two here and there.

But, that is the thing with me and Weight Watchers. Even when I am not perfect at it, I still lose. Slowly, of course, but that's always been my way. I think it took me 6 months to lose 20 lbs in 2004. And well, I was in my 20's then.

Needless to say, I am back on Weight Watchers. My weigh in days are Friday, so I will update you all about where I am then. I am guessing 161ish. My goal for my weight loss is to get down to 145-147 and then use 150 as my DANGER weight, where I know I have to go back to point counting.

145-150 should put me in a solid 10, as opposed to the solid 14 I am at now.

Combining Weight Watchers with working out has always been important to me, and the benefits of working out are so much more than weight loss. Back when I originally lost weight on WW, I was doing "The Firm" tapes, and really seeing a difference. I know weight lifting is so important, but I've been out of the lifting loop these days.

Weight lifting, combined with jogging/walking and yoga is my workout plan. I want to be consistent, hence the goals I am about to set.

November goals:

Jog/walks: 9
Weights workouts: 6
Yoga workouts: 6

Stick to Weight Watchers 90% of the time.


Now, some of you may be wondering why my goals for this month are so modest, and it's because I'm having a bit of a bad time with my personal life due to the end of my most recent relationship. I want to give myself time to grieve, have drinks and dinner with friends, enjoy the holidays and generally not stress too much about weight loss. Perhaps this isn't the best way to start this journey, but I want to be a bit gentle on myself to start.

My relationship with this man is long and complicated, and I am not quite sure it is over. We are the epitome of on again/off again, and our "offs" are all about his issues.

Anyway, enough about that! I will update each Friday about my workouts for the week along with the dreaded weigh in!

1 comment:

  1. Came by from Cammy's blog. I've done WW myself. Over a decade ago was my first time and I met my goal but then stopped going and following the plan. Don't make that same mistake! I went back in January to check out the buzz of the new plan but just couldn't do the point thing again. But I know lots of bloggers having great success with it.

    ReplyDelete