Monday, November 7, 2011

I bought size 16 jeans this weekend, and it didn't feel good


Ah, clothing sizes. My goal is to get to a size 10 at some the stores I often shop at -- Ann Taylor, New York and Company, Fashion Bug, etc. I really don't care much what I weigh, as long as I fit into that size 10. OK, that's not really true. I want to weigh under 150.

This weekend I was shopping at the aforementioned Fashion Bug for jeans. If you've never shopped there, be warned, that the quality of most of the clothing there isn't great. It's really only good for two things - jeans, which are affordable and seem to fit me really well and fad-type clothing that you are probably only going to wear for a season or two.

They have these "secret slimmer" jeans that fit me perfectly. Seriously, they make my butt look fab. (That picture isn't of me, but it is of the jeans!)

So, I head out the door Saturday to return some things I had bought online there (I have a slight online shopping addiction but I often end up returning things) and to pick up a new pair of secret slimmer jeans. Why? Because my size 14 jeans don't fit! To be honest, I had convinced myself they shrunk in the wash.

But, they didn't.

I am in the dressing room when I realize the size 14s really don't fit. So I suck it up and get the 16s. It was a blow, for sure, since that's never a size I've worn before. I am familiar with 14-land, but 16 is different.

I was a bit down in the dumps after my shopping trip. I could have said screw it and eaten a cupcake. But I didn't. I stuck to Weight Watchers this weekend, even coming in under my allotted points one day. I know coming in under points isn't good, but trust me, it won't happen again.

I also worked out every day, which made me very proud. I am going to be fit and healthy regardless of what size I am.

1 comment:

  1. Go you! You really had to use some determination in order to not eat a cupcake after a shopping trip like that. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete